By practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) repetitively, we actually create neuroplasticity in the area of the brain that processes what we are thinking about. The key is repetition so you flood your brain with the positive thought.
When practicing affirmations, choose one or two to focus on for several weeks. Say the affirmation out loud in a confident voice several times a day and before you go to bed. To add more power to the affirmation, write it down as you speak it. Be sure your affirmations are in the present tense, as though they are a current reality.
- My partner and I share a deep and powerful love for each other.
- I respect and admire my partner and see the best in him/her.
- I love my partner exactly how he/she is and enjoy his/her unique qualities.
- My partner and I share emotional intimacy daily through talking and touch.
- I have healthy boundaries with my partner.
- My partner and I have fun together and find new ways to enjoy our time together.
- My partner and I communicate openly and resolve conflict peacefully and respectfully.
- I am able to be fully myself and completely authentic in my love relationship.
- I communicate my desires and needs clearly and confidently with my partner.
- I want the best for my partner and easily go out of my way to support him/her.