By practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) repetitively, we actually create neuroplasticity in the area of the brain that processes what we are thinking about. The key is repetition so you flood your brain with the positive thought.
When practicing affirmations, choose one or two to focus on for several weeks. Say the affirmation out loud in a confident voice several times a day and before you go to bed. To add more power to the affirmation, write it down as you speak it. Be sure your affirmations are in the present tense, as though they are a current reality.
- Calmness washes over me with every deep breath I take.
- Every day I am more and more at ease.
- Being calm and relaxed energizes my whole being.
- All the muscles in my body are releasing and relaxing.
- All negativity and stress are evaporating from my body and my mind.
- I breathe in relaxation. I breathe out stress.
- Even when there is chaos around me, I remain calm and centered.
- I transcend stress of any kind. I live in peace.
- I am free of anxiety, and a calm inner peace fills my mind and body.
- All is well in my world. I am calm, happy, and content.