By practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) repetitively, we actually create neuroplasticity in the area of the brain that processes what we are thinking about. The key is repetition so you flood your brain with the positive thought.
When practicing affirmations, choose one or two to focus on for several weeks. Say the affirmation out loud in a confident voice several times a day and before you go to bed. To add more power to the affirmation, write it down as you speak it. Be sure your affirmations are in the present tense, as though they are a current reality.
- My world is a peaceful, loving, and joy-filled place to live.
- I sow the seeds of peace wherever I go.
- I surround myself with peaceful people.
- My work environment is calm and peaceful.
- I breathe in peace, I breathe out chaos and disorder.
- My home is a peaceful sanctuary where I feel safe and happy.
- In all that I say and do, I choose peace.
- I release past anger and hurts and fill myself with serenity and peaceful thoughts.
- Peace descends all around me now and always.
- I send peace from myself into the world.
- I respond peacefully in all situations.