By practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) repetitively, we actually create neuroplasticity in the area of the brain that processes what we are thinking about. The key is repetition so you flood your brain with the positive thought.
When practicing affirmations, choose one or two to focus on for several weeks. Say the affirmation out loud in a confident voice several times a day and before you go to bed. To add more power to the affirmation, write it down as you speak it. Be sure your affirmations are in the present tense, as though they are a current reality.
- I am grounded in the experience of the present moment.
- I am focused and engaged in the task at hand.
- All is well right now.
- I am grateful for this moment and find joy in it.
- I gently and easily return to the present moment.
- I observe my thoughts and actions without judging them.
- I am fully present in all of my relationships.
- Life is happening in this moment.
- I accept and embrace all experiences, even unpleasant ones.
- I observe my emotions without getting attached to them.
- I meditate easily without resistance or anxiety.
- I release the past and live fully in the present moment.