By practicing positive thought patterns (affirmations) repetitively, we actually create neuroplasticity in the area of the brain that processes what we are thinking about. The key is repetition so you flood your brain with the positive thought.
When practicing affirmations, choose one or two to focus on for several weeks. Say the affirmation out loud in a confident voice several times a day and before you go to bed. To add more power to the affirmation, write it down as you speak it. Be sure your affirmations are in the present tense, as though they are a current reality.
- I approve of myself and love myself deeply and completely.
- I am unique. I feel good about being alive and being me.
- I trust myself and know my inner wisdom is my best guide.
- I have integrity. I am totally reliable. I do what I say.
- I act from a place of personal security.
- I fully accept myself and know that I am worthy of great things in life.
- I choose to be proud of myself.
- I find deep inner peace within myself as I am.
- I fill my mind with positive and nourishing thoughts.
- My confidence, self esteem, and inner wisdom are increasing with each day.